Laguna Beach Club….”Harmony with nature and the local community”
Surrounded by tropical gardens, The Laguna Beach Club is located just 20 minutes from Granada and 45 minutes from Managua in the Nature Reserve of Laguna de Apoyo. Visitors looking to experience the beauty of a National Nature Reserve need not look further than The Laguna Beach Club. We are conveniently located across the street from the “Triangle” at Laguna de Apoyo. Here you can spend the day relaxing on one of our spacious terraces, enjoy the flora and fauna, see a family of visiting monkeys, floating or swimming in the healing waters of the Laguna, Kayaking, playing ping pong, bocce ball or jenga.
The Laguna Beach Club is considered one of the most beautiful and well kept resorts in the area. Our professional staff make sure the property is always spotlessly clean and well maintained.
Harmony with nature and the local community were a key consideration in the development of Laguna de Apoyo’s, Laguna Beach Club and Boutique Hostel. The Beach Club was built with careful planning in mid-2013. Our focus is to provide an Eco-Friendly resort utilizing the natural beauty of the Nature Reserve surroundings with no impact to the Laguna de Apoyo Nature Reserve. We did this through careful planning in terms of the resident wildlife and fauna, water supply, wastewater treatment and electricity usage. Just a few examples of how The Laguna Beach Club is sustainable.
- Cross ventilation architecture and fans create ample cooling effect to ensure guest comfort in sleeping rooms.
- Reduce, Reuse, Recycle. While Nicaragua lacks a strong recycling program, the focus due to Laguna Beach Club’s location is on reducing.
- Hundreds of used glass bottles were saved and crushed to make the countertops.
- Use of organic and biodegradable soaps and cleaning detergents when available. (Our soap of choice is Dr. Bronners Organic Castille soap packaged in 100% post-consumer plastic recycled bottles.)
- Energy efficient lighting and illumination was used throughout the property.
- Underground electrical system that does not interfere with the surrounding wildlife.
- Lower music levels to not disturb the animals.
Hiring of a local staff is essential to the success of The Laguna Beach Club. Our goal is to share the potential wealth that tourism brings to Nicaragua by training and hiring locals as employees, subcontracting services locally and buying and producing locally.