By Bus, Taxi, Shuttle
- Take any microbus headed for Granada and ask the driver to let you off at the entrance to the Laguna de Apoyo.
- From there you can either take a taxi, hitchhike, walk (XX KM) or wait for a bus.
- Alternatively, you can take the microbus all the way into Granada and come to the Laguna via the transport service offered by various hotels or tour operators in Granada. See below (“From Granada”) for more details.
- The Masaya Market parking lot is also the Masaya bus station.
- Get on the Laguna de Apoyo bus and it will take you to The Laguna Beach Club (the bus generally departs from Masaya at 9:30am and 3:30pm)
There are several hotels and tour operators in Granada offering regular transport services to The Laguna Beach Club or to the Apoyo Lagoon.
Here is a short list of a few offering regular transport:
Please check whether their fee also covers the day entrance fee to The Laguna Beach Club or only transport (the day entry fee to The Laguna Beach Club is $6 plus 15% sales tax; this fee includes the use of all our facilities). Some hotels or tour operators include our entrance fee in a total package price, the price of others only includes transport. Please check this in order to avoid unpleasant surprises.
Alternatively, you can take a bus to Managua or Masaya and jump off at the entrance of the Laguna de Apoyo and follow the instructions above (“from Managua”), or contact us to arrange transportation.
(Parking is free in our gated and guarded parking lot)
From the Airport:
- Make a right exiting the airport onto northern highway (Carretera Norte) (8 minutes) to Tipitapa junction.
- Make a right towards Masaya (20 minutes) until end of road.
- Make a left on Managua-Granada highway (7 minutes) until km 37, follow Apoyo Resort & Spa signs and make a right (about 5 minutes) to edge of Lake Apoyo crater.
- Descend 2 km to the bottom of the crater. Laguna Beach Club is the black gate across from the Pulperia (little store) at the “y” in the road at the bottom of the hill.
- Request taxi service to Reserve Laguna Apoyo (approx. $15)
- Or, if you are driving:
- Exit Granada on the road toward Managua, when you reach km 37 1/2 follow the Apoyo Resort & Spa signs and make a left toward the edge of the Laguna de Apoyo crater.
- Then descend 2 km to the bottom of the crater. Laguna Beach Club is the black gate across from the Pulperia (little store) at the “y” in the road at the bottom of the hill.
From Managua/Masaya (about 30/15 minutes):
- Take the Carretera a Masaya towards Granada and at kilometre 37,8 turn right towards the Laguna de Apoyo (the road goes sharply uphill).
- Continue straight on this road until you reach a first T-junction.
- Follow to the left and at the next T-junction turn right through the village and go straight for 100 meters and turn left.
- There, you will find a gate and the Park Rangers’ Outpost. Follow the road down to the water.
- The Laguna Beach Club is the black gate located across the street from the “Y” in the road, across from the Pulperia (little store)
From Granada (about 15 minutes):
- Take the carretera a Masaya towards Masaya and after approximately 10km (at kilometre 37,8).
- Turn left towards the Laguna de Apoyo (the road goes sharply uphill), and follow the instructions above.
Have your hotel arrange for a taxi for you or hire one on your own. Taxi fee from Granada should be approximately $15.00 and $35.00-$40.00 from Managua.
You are also welcome to contact us and we can arrange to send a taxi for you.